Graduating college and looking for an entry level job or any job? There are a few things to keep in mind before starting your hunt.
First off, the most important part of the job hunting process is to fix your resume. once this is complete use these tips
1. Don't look desperate! Leave your nervous at the door. Letting a potential employer know how much you need a job doesn't look good. Its not a beneficial state of mind or image to portray.
2. Yes, we are in a recession and jobs are hard to find. Don't let that stop you from looking for the perfect job. Job hunting is like buying a car. You need to shop around for the right one.
3. Don't do something drastic, like join the Peace Core, because there is nothing else for you to do. Find something to do because you want to.
4. People change jobs all the time. By taking your first job doesn't mean that you will stay there for long. Taking an unpaid of low paying internship isn't the worst thing to do. It is great experience and could turn into something more. Don't write it off because it's not a full time job or your dream salary.
5. Don't waste your time on jobs that don't interest you or that you're not qualified for.
7. Life is too short to worry.
Finding the right job takes time, but with these tips things could get a little easier.