I tried to pick a favorite, but they're all stupid!
Hiring managers and human resource professionals nationwide shared the most unusual
resume blunders they came across in a recent CareerBuilder.com survey:
1. Candidate included that he spent summers on his family's yacht in
2. Candidate attached a letter from her mother.
3. Candidate used pale blue paper with teddy bears around the border.
4. Candidate explained a gap in employment by saying it was because he
was getting over the death of his cat for three months.
5. Candidate specified that his availability was limited because Friday,
Saturday and Sunday was "drinking time."
6. Candidate included a picture of herself in a cheerleading uniform.
7. Candidate drew a picture of a car on the outside of the envelope and
said it was the hiring manager's gift.
8. Candidate's hobbies included sitting on the levee at night watching
9. Candidate included the fact that her sister once won a strawberry
10. Candidate explained that he works well nude.
11. Candidate explained an arrest by stating, "We stole a pig, but it was
a really small pig."
12. Candidate included family medical history.
Read press release