The number of sales jobs Phoenix Arizona (http://jobs.bestwestern.com) has to offer should see an increase thanks to a recent boost in retail sales.
A recent report from the National Retail Federation found that retail sales increased by .4 percent during September and by 5.7 percent when compared to last year. This is great news for the economy, because it means consumers are once again spending money.
"The American consumer and the retail industry continue to lead this recovery, and strong September retail sales are just what the economy needs right now," Matthew Shay, president and CEO of the NRF, said. "The unexpectedly strong sales increase in September may work to dampen fears of a double-dip recession and could indicate an economic and employment rebound."
A separate report from the U.S. Department of Commerce - which includes non-general merchandise like cars and restaurants - found that sales increased by 1.1 percent over the month and by 8.6 percent over the year.
Here's a look at how sales fared during September:
- Clothing and clothing accessory stores - +1.3 percent
- Furniture and home furnishing stores - +1.1 percent
- Health and personal care stores - +.3 percent
- Electronics and appliances stores - +.2 percent
- Building materials and garden equipment stores - -.1 percent