Secrets of the Job Hunt

Jobs

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

MySpace.com and College Students Sometimes Don't Mix

My local TV station just published this story. Listen up, college kids...

Job seekers should be wary of personal website content

(WTNH, Mar. 14, 2006 5:05 PM) _ Another warning tonight about websites like myspace.com and facebook.com.

This time college students have reason to beware. Potential employers are now using those websites as screening tools.

A lot of college kids think 'Hey I can do what I want in school and worry about the real world when I get there'.

They may want to worry about the real world now because what they do in college may come back to haunt them later.

"I can show you my profile and it shows my interests," says Jennifer Chestone, Quinnipiac University Senior.

Read full article on WTNH.com >>

1 comment:

Joseph said...

see http://007google.com/MySpace.aspxiuixd