Those considering the OT jobs Arizona has to offer among their future career options should be sure to first gain the proper education.
Occupational therapists work with patients who suffer from mental, physical, developmental, or emotional disorders. Their goal is to help patients improve their quality of life and work by better performing basic functions.
All students must first earn their master's degree before becoming eligible to work as an entry-level occupational therapist. Most employees work in ambulatory healthcare services, while others are employed by hospitals, officers, other healthcare practitioners, educational services, and nursing care facilities.
According to Education-Portal.com, the top 20 graduate schools for occupational therapy include:
- Ohio State University
- University of Florida
- New York University
- University of Wisconsin-Madison
- University of Washington
- University of Southern California
- San Jose State University
- Boston University
- University of Kansas
- Colorado State University
- University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill
- University of Pittsburgh
- Columbia University
- Eastern Kentucky University
- Washington University in St. Louis
- Duquesne University
- Tufts University
- St. Catherine University
- University of Puget Sound
- University of Texas Medical Branch