There are some very important steps to consider when renewing your license for PT jobs Phoenix. Visit http://rehabjob.abrazohealth.com to see current openings.
The Arizona State Board of Physical Therapy is responsible for licensing physical therapy professionals throughout the state. The board sets the standards for physical therapy practice, continuing competence and testing, and limitations of practice.
In order to become a physical therapist in Arizona, you first have to obtain the proper education, pass the National Physical Therapy Examination, and meet a number of state requirements. You'll then have to renew your license at various times throughout your career.
Here are some steps to follow when renewing your license, as suggested by the board:
- Be on time - Make sure you fill out all the proper paperwork and apply for a license renewal before your current license expires.
- Provide citizenship information - As of 2008, any person applying for a license from a state agency must provide proof of citizenship or authorization to work in the United States.
Consider renewing online - Physical therapists who already have their citizenship information on file with the board can renew their license online.
- Pay the appropriate fees - As of 2010, physical therapists must pay $160 to renew their license, while physical therapy assistants must pay $55. There also is a $3 convenience fee for those renewing online.
- Have the appropriate payment method - Those renewing their license online can use a credit card, while those renewing by mail must submit a check.
- Verify receipt of your renewal application - Confirm online, or by using certified mail, that the board has received your application for a renewed license.
- Don't miss the deadline - If you miss the deadline to renew your license, you will not be able to practice as a physical therapist until you submit a separate form and pay an additional fee to have your license reinstated.