The job hunt can be both exciting and terrifying. It reminds me at times of that saying from ABC's Wide World of Sports:
"The thrill of victory ... and the agony of defeat."
There's no better feeling than getting a new job and there's no worse feeling than losing one.
Yesterday I came across a new career blog written by Scott Williamson. It's brand new with only a few posts but he posted a mantra which I thought was a brutally honest picture of the job hunt. It goes:
- Your employer will terminate you the day it becomes in their best interest to do so.
- Those that can do, those that can’t end up working in HR
- Your company’s HR Department is not your friend.
- If you always do what you’ve always done, you will always get what you’ve always got.
- Life is short, so work smart, not hard.