Secrets of the Job Hunt

Jobs

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Jobs Coming to a Town Near You: The Hot 100 Companies

I read Entrepreneur Magazine for the business stories every month. To me, it's an essential tool for anyone who owns a business. But from time to time there are golden nuggets of information that many job seekers can put to use.

I'm speaking of this years list of HOT 100 Companies published by the magazine in cooperation with PriceWaterhouseCoopers. The 2006 list will be posted on their site in a few weeks but in the meantime you can check out the 2005 Hot 100 Companies. It lists the fastest growing companies according to their sales growth. All of the companies must have been founded after 2001. The number 1 company this year is the same from last year's list Huron Consulting Group in Chicago. (I bet the resume's must be flowing in!)

Why am I telling you this? Because fast growing companies equal one thing: JOBS!

So if you are looking to conduct a direct mail campaign that targets companies in your region/field, lists like the Hot 100 can be a great resource for uncovering leads to companies hiring. A direct mail campaign is how I got my first job out of college. You can read more about that here.

The latest issue of Entrepreneur is on newstands now. Pick up a copy and maybe you can work for a HOT 100 Company.

No comments: