Secrets of the Job Hunt

Jobs

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Get recruiters to call you with great jobs

Dear Annie: After 12 years as a finance manager (three promotions, consistently excellent performance reviews), I think I've gone about as far with my current employer as I can go, and I'd like to explore opportunities elsewhere. Yet the only calls I get from recruiters are for jobs that aren't appropriate for me in one way or another - either a step down from my present position, or in some other way not suitable. It's gotten to where I just don't take their calls anymore. Meanwhile, acquaintances and former colleagues of mine who don't have my credentials or experience are finding great new jobs through headhunters. Can you explain how this process works? Obviously I'm missing something.

-Perplexed in Pittsburgh (read the rest on CNN)

No comments: