Secrets of the Job Hunt

Jobs

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Do Americans Have American Idol Syndrome?

Nan Russell thinks so. She's not my relative but I must agree with her recent post about ego-centric workers who think they deserve to be the next American Idol.

She writes...

I like Simon, one of three judges on American Idol. I find his feedback refreshingly honest. And while his words startle me with their ego wounding potential, the traditional feel-good, let-you-down-easy, sugar-coated feedback is not much of a gift. It's hard to tell someone they're not good enough and their dreams are not going to happen, at least in this venue. But not telling them is no gift either. Some contestants rise to the challenges he throws at them. Some don't. And, some can't. Which one are you?

Continued >>

No comments: