Before you write anything on your résumé, I want you to remember one simple résumé rule:
- Simplicity is key – less is more.
I have heard this time and time again from HR executives and hiring managers. They are very busy people, and the less they have to read to find out how you can help them, the better. This means using lots of white space and concise bulleted statements that get right to the point.
- Write about your accomplishments not duties
- Use Action Words that emphasize your strengths
- Use the same keywords you'll find in the job description
- Generally one page is preferred